This role has been designed to ensure the effective delivery of the Property Investment Programme of Planned and Cyclical works projects, so they are delivered on time, within budget and at the quality expected to meet KPI’s and to ensure value for money.
- Carry out surveys to diagnose repairs, identify defects and remedies on issues including general disrepair and non-decency, causes of dampness and condensation, required improvements and other work required on council properties and estates, specifying remedies and work to be carried out, estimating costs, preparing tender documents and commissioning work.
- Manage capital and revenue projects and contractors carrying out works to Association properties, environmental improvements, planned and cyclical maintenance, and other necessary work, assessing and agreeing variations and final costs to ensure good practice contract administration procedures are adhered to Chair contract meetings, site meetings and monitor works during the course of the contract and at completion to ensure high quality of works that adhere to building regulations and health & safety Responsible for carrying out pre and post inspections, work in progress and handover inspections, accepting at handover only properties that meet the specification and quality standards.
- Ensure robust snagging processes are carried out. Overseeing all work, monitoring progress, ensuring that work is completed on time, to specification, to budget and that all necessary planning, building control and other statutory permissions are identified and appropriately and timely obtained Negotiate with contractors over defects, identifying and agreeing remedies.
- Ensure that comprehensive records are kept of all specifications, tender documents, estimates, variations, handover documents and all other documents in relations to work carried out and contract files are maintained Provide comprehensive written reports following, investigations, complaints, diagnosis, producing detailed specifications.
- Reply to tenants and leaseholder letters and complaints, ensuring all issues raised are dealt with effectively. Attend tenants and leaseholders consultation meetings to present information on work being commissioned or carried out, answering any queries arising. Some of these may be outside normal hours Carry out surveys to identify compliance with the Bracknell Forest Homes property standard, including inspections and use of mobile device to up-date the asset management data base. This will involve identifying whether a property meets the standard and identifying what work is required in order to meet these standards to feed into the planning and programming of works.
- Carry out feasibility studies, identifying remedies, preparing reports and spreadsheets showing how costs are apportioned and producing specifications of works.
- Carry out Energy Performance Assessments and develop schedules of work to improve the energy efficiency of the housing stock targeting low SAP rating properties Ensure that all works commissioned meet the requirements of the Association’s standing orders, financial regulations and procurement regulations.
- Ensure that a quality, performance focused service is provided to tenants and leaseholders and that complaints and queries are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Ensure effective consultation with all stakeholders including tenants, leaseholders with regard to the Statutory requirement of S20, staff representing the client group and community representatives.
- Ensure that all work is carried out within time, quality and budget Ensure that all health and safety requirements are met, including asbestos, and monitoring compliance by contractors to ensure good practice
You will have experience of project management and be able to deliver projects to successful completion. You will also have knowledge and experience of different forms of contracts (JCT, NEC, PPC, MTC) and contract administration including budget management. Required the understanding of procurement and knowledge of technical issues concerning construction and maintenance of housing. You would be expected to have knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to property services, including health and safety. Good verbal, written and numeric skills as well as IT Literacy and ability to use specific IT packages, repair and asset management databases. You will have experience of project management and be able to deliver projects to successful completion. You will also have knowledge and experience of different forms of contracts (JCT, NEC, PPC, MTC) and contract administration including budget management. Required the understanding of procurement and knowledge of technical issues concerning construction and maintenance of housing. You would be expected to have knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to property services, including health and safety. Good verbal, written and numeric skills as well as IT Literacy and ability to use specific IT packages, repair and asset management databases.
Silva Homes was established in 2007 as Bracknell Forest Homes through a stock transfer, and now has over 6,200 homes in ownership and a further 1,100 leaseholders/shared owners. The organisation has 220 employees and an estimated turnover of £42m. The organisation also holds the highest possible regulatory rating of G1/V1. Silva Homes has an active development programme, targeting the development of 1,600 homes over the next five years. As part of the organisation’s new strategy, it was agreed that Bracknell Forest Homes would re-brand as Silva Homes.
Our benefits include:
• 28 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Scottish Widows contributory pension scheme (BFH x 2 up to 12%)
• Competitive salary
• Health Shield cash plan benefit scheme
• Childcare vouchers worth up to £243 per month, free of tax and NI
• Corporate events
• Professional fees and subscriptions
• Volunteering days
• Free office parking
• Positive working environment that encourages learning and development
For more information on this role, including how to apply, please click the red 'apply' button to be redirected.
Apply for Project Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly