Principal Auditor, CMIIA/QIAL
Croydon or Sittingbourne, Kent
£50,933 per annum plus car allowance - permanent
We are a leading housing provider who are expanding our Internal Audit function. An exciting opportunity has now arisen for an experienced, qualified auditor to join the internal audit team.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, you’ll plan and complete a wide variety of reviews, providing sound assurance on the risk and control environment.
You’ll critically assess business operations and structures and work with management to agree opportunities for service and control improvements and cost effective action plans. You will be responsible for improving controls, driving up standards and delivering continuous improvement.
Ideally, you will have an understanding of the major issues facing the social housing sector. Based in either our Croydon or Sittingbourne office you’ll be expected to travel to our offices throughout the Southeast.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience as an Internal Auditor, ideally with experience within a Housing Association or Asset Management environment and be able to demonstrate some, if not all of the following:
- Holds a full audit accreditation (CMIIA)
- Has a wide range of audit experience across financial, technical, regulated and complex business risks
- Is able to produce high quality, evidenced based records to support your audit work, which are in line with modern audit practice and professional audit standards
- Is able to write and present well-structured, balanced reports which clearly reflect the service being reviewed and which support management in delivering their risk management and control improvement responsibilities
- Able to review our team’s junior auditor’s work
- Hold strong analytical skills
- Has outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with ability to manage stakeholder's at all levels
- Is able manage their workload to meet deadlines, so you’ll need excellent planning and time management skills
- Has a high level of personal integrity and tenacity in the conduct of their work
- Will comply with the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and maintain our high quality audit service standards.
This role will involve travel between all Optivo sites, therefore candidates will need to have access to a private vehicle and hold a full UK driving licence or equivalent.
This is an outstanding career opportunity with excellent benefits package and to become part of the Optivo legacy.
For more information on this role, including how to apply, please click the red 'apply' button to be redirected.