Saffron Walden, Essex CB10
Up to Temporary up to 2 year Contract
£25,000 per annum
35 hours per week
Valid driving licence and use of own vehicle is essential
As part of Hastoe’s Asset management team you will assist with the delivery of major works projects and response repair services. Working alongside a Senior Surveyors and Repairs Operations Manager you will assist with the preparation of specifications, schedules of works, constructions drawing and contract documents.
You are self motivated and well organised and know how to effectively manage a busy workload. You must use your initiative and be flexible in your approach to completing your work. The successful candidate must have a strong desire to become a chartered member of the RICS and successfully complete their assessment of professional competence.
To do this role you will need:
- An RICS accredited degree in Building Surveying
- A reasonable knowledge of building defects and cost effective solutions
- A sound knowledge of building construction, Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation including CDM.
- Well organised, motivated, professional and proactive.
- A desire to become a Chartered Member of the RICS
What you’ll get from us
The successful candidate will be guided and supported through their RICS Assessment of Professional Competence to become a Chartered Building Surveyor. You will accompany our senior surveyors on inspections to gain practical on site experience across Hastoe’s broad range of major works projects. You will gain experience in building pathology, contract administration, inspection, design and specification, legal/regulatory compliance measurement of land and property and housing maintenance repair and improvement.
What can you expect from Hastoe?
- Temporary up to 2 year contract
- Salary £25,000 per annum
- 25 days per annum annual leave, increasing to 28 days linked to service, plus bank holidays and 1.5 complementary days off
- Automatic enrolment into SHPS Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with employer contribution up to 8%
- Training and development to support you in delivering an outstanding service to our customers.
If you like the sound of this role and you meet the criteria then we want to hear from you.
Visit our jobs and careers page on our website www.hastoe.com to view the full job pack.
To apply for this vacancy either complete the online application on our website or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are submitting a CV you will be asked to complete 2 set questions to be shortlisted for this vacancy.
You can request an application pack by emailing email@example.com , or calling 0208 973 0435, and let us know if you require assistance with the application process
Alternatively, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
This post is subject to background checks.
Closing date for receipt of completed Hastoe online application forms is midday 19th July 2018.
Interviews will be taking place on 16th August 2018
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Graduate / student £20,000 - £29,999 Temporary jobs in Essex
- Asset management Graduate / student £20,000 - £29,999 Temporary jobs in Essex
- Facilities management Graduate / student £20,000 - £29,999 Temporary jobs in Essex
- Surveying Graduate / student £20,000 - £29,999 Temporary jobs in Essex