Fixed Wire Operative (2391 Engineer/Electrical Tester)
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire,Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support. We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £70 million and a development programme that will deliver around 300 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fixed Wire Operative (Electrical Inspector) to join an existing Asset Management team, responsible for maintaining Hightown properties to a high standard.
The successful candidate will have good technical electrical knowledge and will be expected to carry out electrical inspections at void and tenanted properties. Completing electrical maintenance as required, and issuing BS7671 Electrical Safety Certificates as appropriate, to meet the high standards expected by both Hightown and residents.
The successful candidate will be responsible for completing a programme of fixed wired testing and electrical repairs at both void and tenanted properties, as well as assisting in the electrical maintenance of Hightown House.
To apply for this role you will need to have the following:
- Qualifications desirable or equivalent: NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation or AM2. 17th edition of the wiring regulations (2382). Inspection and testing qualification (2391 or 2394/2395)
- Experience of working within public sector housing advantageous but not essential
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding
- A good general knowledge of IT, particularly Microsoft office packages
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- A Full UK driver`s license and access to your own transport.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
Workplace pension scheme
45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
Life assurance of three times your annual salary
Comprehensive training and development support
Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
How to Apply
Closing date: Wednesday 25th July 2018
Interviews: To be confirmed
To apply please visit our website http://careers.hightownha.org.uk and complete our online application form.
Please be advised that this recruitment process will be carried out online and would ask that you check your emails regularly. Please also quote the reference number of the job when applying.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead