Head of Strategy and Performance
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
About The Team
Hounslow Housing has recently restructured its Strategy, Investment and Performance Division. An opportunity has arisen within its Strategy and Performance Team, for an experienced head of service, to lead on the department's strategy and the performance framework to monitor its progress.
Lines manage and coordinate the work of a team of three senior strategy and project officers, in order to:
- Lead on the development and delivery of the department's new Housing Strategy 2019-22, in response to housing need in the borough and to maximise resident satisfaction.
- Lead on the development of ICT and performance management systems to ensure robust processes and use data to drive department performance.
- Lead and mange a diverse programme of projects to deliver the department's transformation and improvement agenda.
- Resilient and organised, able to lead a multi-disciplined service to work flexibly and independently in a high pressure, political environment.
- Knowledge of housing legislation, social and political issues affecting housing; and how these affect service delivery and resourcing.
- Knowledge of ICT infrastructure, software lifecycles and performance frameworks, to ensure that business systems are fit for purpose and we optimise our use of departmental data.
- Knowledge and ability to deliver complex and diverse projects and programmes of work in order to transform services and successfully implement new policy.
Essential for The Role
(QUALIFICATIONS OR MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE BEFORE APPLYING)
Level 2 qualified in English and Maths (e.g. GCSE C+, or equivalent)
Relevant further and higher academic qualifications are desirable but not essential. (e.g. Degree or equivalent)
(FOR POSTS WHICH FALL UNDER FLUENCY DUTY)
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing Date: Monday 3rd September 2018
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 10 September 2018
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- IT Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Policy / Strategy Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homes and Asset Management Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Project management Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)