Support Worker - Fletcher Way
About the Role
Fletcher Way is a brand new service supporting individuals with physical and learning disabilities in Hemel Hempstead. We currently have full time Support Worker position available.This is a modern, supported living property with independent flats for each resident. The flats are specially adapted to meet the needs of residents with hoists and wet rooms available for each resident
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Support Worker is to provide appropriate support to service users with their day to day needs,withintheir own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider community. This may involve providing assistance with personal care and promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning. As a Support Worker you will write support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
If you have previously worked in a care setting or health and social care field and have experience of providing support to vulnerable people then this role could be perfect for you. We are looking for passionate people who are driven by the desire to make a difference and create a person-centered environment.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognize the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
It is essential that you are able to work to a rota and preferably you will have a driving license and have access to a vehicle for work.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
Closing date: Tuesday 21st August 2018
Interview dates: To be confirmed
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit www.hightownha.org.uk/careers/ and complete our on line application form. Please make sure that you give examples of how you meet the essential requirements of the person specification.
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
Please be advised that this recruitment process will be carried out online and would ask that you check your emails regularly. Please also quote the reference number of the job when applying.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead