Senior Stock Investment Manager
Location: Walton on Thames
Dept: Asset Services
Salary: £57,795 + £1,875 car allowance
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
PA Housing is an award winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but our business is about more than property – it’s about people. We aim to put our residents at the centre of everything we do and offer first class services to all.
Our business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East. We hold a stock of more than 24,000 homes and employ 600 plus staff to provide a high standard of service to our householders.
Our success and our plans for the future would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff members. Every one of our employees help to make a difference to the lives of our residents and other local people, and we look after our team members well.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Stock Investment Manager to join our dedicated team in Walton and we really want to hear from you if you;
- Hold a relevant degree qualification, or have the ability to demonstrate suitable experience to meet the requirements of this role;
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in delivering stock investment / major works to social housing or private residential housing;
- Have a proven track record of delivering excellent customer experience and satisfaction through stock investment works;
- Have experience of managing suppliers through long term contracts which include JCT Measured Term contracts or similar;
- Hold a full driving licence and use of a vehicle insured for use at work
- Flexibility to enable some work to be done outside normal working hours to meet occasional peaks or deadlines. This includes being part of PA’s out of hour’s duty surveyor team which involves being on-call on a rota basis to assist PA’s out of hour’s service.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a strong sense of professionalism who excels within a pressurised work environment and has the ability to perform well under pressure.
The primary focus for this role is to lead a small team to project manage and successfully deliver the stock investment and planned works programmes for PA Housing’s London and South East properties. To ensure works are delivered to a high standard, which also delivers excellent customer experience and high levels of customer satisfaction. This role will be required to deliver on the added value promises of our suppliers and provide regular project updates and management reports.
The successful candidate will be a strong team player who demonstrates an open and interactive style of management. You will possess excellent organisation skills with a passion for service excellence and continuous improvement; and will be a strong communicator who is confident when liaising with people at all levels. Demonstrable record of taking projects from inception through to final delivery is essential as is having excellent technical knowledge in all areas of domestic property maintenance
We recognise that people are at the heart of our business and that success is dependent on enthusiastic and committed colleagues. We make sure they feel supported and encourage a culture of opportunity and learning to enable colleagues to fulfil their potential and make a real difference to peoples lives every day.
Working for PA is incredibly rewarding. Everyone in our team makes a difference to people in the diverse and vibrant communities we serve.
In return, we reward our staff for their dedication by offering competitive salaries and an excellent range of employee benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave entitlement per annum plus bank holidays (pro rated for part time roles)
- Opportunities to develop your career through internal and external training, professional qualifications, career coaching etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Health Cash plan for discounted optical, dental and health
- Childcare vouchers
- Car allowance for certain roles
- Free VDU tests
- Long Service Awards
If you require any of the attachments in a different format or you require support with the application process please do not hesitate to contact us via the email address below.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, PA Housing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Closing date: Midnight, 2nd September 2018
To apply for this role please click on the apply button or for any enquiries please email the recruitment team at email@example.com