Fulton Lodge & Ravenscourt, Harrogate
£18,472 per annum (rising to £19,445 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Scheme Manager to join our well established Housing for Older People Schemes in Harrogate. You will be part of a small team, primarily working independently, with a focus on making a real difference to the lives our residents. You will be responsible for providing support to maintain residents’ well-being and independence together with delivering a quality housing management service. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding. If you are highly motivated, compassionate and enjoy working with people, this could be the role for you.
The role of Scheme Manager will include:
- Supporting and encouraging residents to maintain their wellbeing and independence
- Making contact with vulnerable clients on a regular basis
- Liaising with internal and external agencies such as Social Services, GP's, Police and contractors
- Monitoring service contracts and taking appropriate action when services are unsatisfactory
- Undertaking compliance checks and scheme inspections to ensure a safe and secure environment is maintained
- Identifying potential repairs and faults in the scheme, ensuring they are reported and monitored
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of working with older people in a support capacity
- Knowledge of welfare benefits and rent accounts
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and with fast changing requirements
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), or similar
- Frequent travel between schemes will be required; therefore it is essential that candidates hold a full, UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent salary is £19,792 based on full time equivalent of 37.5 hours
Closing Date: 24 August 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.