Who we’re looking for
Tower Hamlets Community Housing is looking to recruit a Compliance Manager to lead a team in ensuring that THCH meets its statutory landlord compliance obligations in regards of areas such as gas, electric, lifts, legionella, asbestos and fire safety
The suitable candidate will Lead on the monitoring and management of contractors and consultants to ensure compliance servicing, works and inspections are completed on time and will eensure effective data management systems, policies, processes and programmes of work are in place.
- Holder of Degree, HNC, HND or equivalent building &/or surveying discipline qualified to RICS or CIOB standard , or qualified by experience
- At least 5 GCSE passes at grade C or above including Maths and English
- Extensive previous experience in delivering compliance, servicing and responsive repairs services in a housing environment
- Demonstrable experience of planning and delivering planned maintenance and programmes of servicing
- Excellent and up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, procedures and good practice relevant to the post
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and qualified building professional with experience of delivering similar services within a housing or similar type environment. Your main focus will be on delivering a high quality compliance service to our housing stock and you will be the main lead for the development and delivery of servicing programmes including gas, fire safety, asbestos, electrical and water as well as the management of the lift maintenance contract across THCH stock
You will be an experienced manager with a good track record of managing and motivating successful teams. You will have an excellent and up to date knowledge of compliance in respect of landlords statutory obligations, Health and safety, contracts and contract management, relevant legislation, procedures and good practice relevant to the post, as well as experience of managing and monitoring budgets both revenue and capital.
What we'll offer you
- An opportunity to be part of our exciting transformation journey to be ‘Fit for the Future’
- Generous annual leave - 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays and three concessionary days off at Christmas and one extra day at Springtime
- Investment in our people with learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working
- A health and wellbeing scheme – including a generous wellbeing allowance
- Access to monthly chiropody and massages on site
- Interest free season ticket loan
- A great pension scheme
- Lovely refurbished offices
We are a small community-based housing associating and if you are the type who wants their contribution to really add value, then you’ve come to the right place.
For further information on the role, please see the supporting document at the end of the text.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying please email your CV and supporting statement outlining how your skills and experience meet the essential criteria, you should also complete and return the Additional Information sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org. The role profile and additional information sheet can be found using the links below.
Alternatively, please use the outline above to fill out the application form at the bottom of the page.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 9:00am Monday 3rd September 2018.
Interviews to take place on Tuesday 18th September.
THCH is an independent, community focused housing provider managing 3,200 homes in Tower Hamlets . We have a strong community ethos and focus on empowering residents, encouraging communities to thrive and delivering sustainable investment to existing and new housing stock. THCH provides a mix of quality, affordable housing as well as market sale , shared ownership and commercial property . We have a proud history of regeneration and delivering innovative housing developments.
Our vision is ‘Building Connected Communities’ and we have been undergoing a major transformation programme to be ‘Fit For the Future’.
Our services are in a newly refurbished, single main office, where we are focused on delivering new, modern ways of working with our residents and wider stakeholder base.
THCH is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Government and compliance Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Policy / Strategy Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Facilities management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)