Corporate and internal communications manager
We’re looking for an experienced communications professional to play an important role in continuing to build our reputation by engaging a variety of internal and external audiences.
Who are we?
We’re Hampshire’s largest provider of affordable homes with around 850 staff, 30,000 homes, 70,000 customers and a large number of stakeholders. Providing quality affordable homes is only part of what we do! As a ‘people’ business, we work hard to create a high-performing, fun, friendly working environment. We recruit high-calibre people, invest in their development and look after their wellbeing.
Scope of the role
In this role you’ll report to the head of communications and will be responsible for the development and implementation of all corporate and employee communications. You’ll also line manage our digital communications specialist. Knowledge and experience in the housing sector would be a definite advantage along with a clear understanding of what attracts interest and engagement with different internal and external audiences, including the media.
You’ll be an expert in creating tailored communications and will know the most effective and impactful ways to drive awareness of our brand, business and services. This includes excellent writing skills including press releases and regular opinion pieces for the CEO, ability to form strong working relationships with journalists and internal stakeholders and helping to deliver effective events. In addition, in-depth experience of digital and social communication channels including the ability to create short videos would set you apart.
To do well here you’ll need to:
- Be a self-starter who excels in a fast-paced environment, operating effectively within a multiple site business
- Be capable of motivating and giving clear direction to those you manage and work with
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Be effective at managing multiple activities and projects across a range of short and longer-term deadlines
- Have a flair for proactively spotting relevant opportunities to build our reputation
- Be digital savvy
- You’ll be educated to degree level in public relations/communications or hold a relevant professional qualification.
Interviews will be held on 25 September 2018.
If you have any questions or if you need additional support, please get in touch with us on 02392 896758 or email HRrecruitment@vividhomes.co.uk. We’ll be happy to help.