Scheme Manager - Part Time
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
St. Andrews Close, Cullompton
£10,555 per annum (rising to £11,111 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
20 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Scheme Manager to join our well established Housing for Older People Scheme in Cullompton. You will be part of a small team, primarily working independently, with a focus on making a real difference to the lives our residents. You will be responsible for delivering a quality housing management service together with signposting to other services so that residents can maintain their well-being and independence. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding. If you are highly motivated, compassionate and enjoy working with people, this could be the role for you.
The role of Scheme Manager will include:
- Assisting residents with queries regarding welfare benefits and rent accounts
- Liaising with external agencies such as Social Workers
- Undertaking compliance checks and scheme inspections
- Identifying potential repairs and/or faults in the scheme, reporting these and ensuring they are monitored
- Attending meetings with the residents
- Supporting residents by providing information to promote independence
Skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of welfare benefits and rent accounts
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and with fast changing requirements
- Experience of working with older people in a support capacity
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), or similar
- Occasional travel between remote schemes will be required; therefore it is essential that candidates hold a full, UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is £19,792 based on 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 16 October 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Cullompton
- Anti-social behaviour Manager £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Cullompton
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Cullompton
- Other Housing jobs Manager £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent in Cullompton