Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Beck Road, Sheffield – Covering South Yorkshire and North Nottinghamshire
£31,940 per annum (rising to £33,621 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday and on call duties
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trade Supervisor to join our Responsive and Voids Maintenance team predominantly based in Sheffield. The team are responsible for carrying out Responsive and Void repairs across a number of schemes in the South Yorkshire region. As Trade Supervisor you will manage and coordinate a large team of up to 20 of trade operatives; always ensuring the delivery of a high quality construction, fault fixing and maintenance services. This is a challenging but rewarding role with scope for progression into senior management positions.
The role of Trade Supervisor will include:
- Supervising teams of Trade Operatives on site; ensuring health and safety regulations are adhered to
- Processing required orders for materials and managing resources effectively
- Forming part of a management team within an office environment
- Responding positively to complaints and breakdowns in services
- Assisting with the recruitment, performance and development of staff
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience supervising and managing staff within a maintenance or construction environment
- Proven ability to effectively recruit, manage and develop staff
- Working knowledge of the application of Health and Safety legislation
- Ability to use and update computerised systems (including PDA and Microsoft Office packages) for work scheduling
- A company van will be provided for business use only, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 16 October 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Sheffield
- Administration Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Sheffield
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Sheffield
- Asset management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Sheffield
- Maintenance / Repair Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Sheffield