Head of Risk and Assurance
• An enthusiasm for risk management and a desire to drive the development of a progressive risk culture within Peabody.
• Substantial experience of leading and managing a multi-disciplinary department, with excellent communication skills, that generates confidence and respect with a wide variety of audiences.
• Excellent communication skills; proven record of preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Executive and committee level and externally.
• Proven track record of building and managing effective relationships with leaders, peers, colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
• Proven experience of successfully leading, managing and coaching employees and supporting them through times of change.
• Proven track record of developing and leading on change management programmes through employee engagement, involvement and collaboration.
• Proven ability to collaborate with leaders, work cross-functionally with diverse groups.
• Strong commercial awareness with knowledge of budget management, planning and proven experience of leading on risk management.
• A commitment to continuing professional development.
• Effective, networking, negotiation and influencing and stakeholder management skills.
• Strong, up-to-date technical knowledge in relation to risk management practice.
• Experience of management of a multi-disciplined team and of commissioning and managing work from external providers.
• Experience of supporting boards and committees, ideally in more than one sector and ideally in a group structure.
• Experience in one of more of the following sectors: social housing, charities/not-for profit, social care, property and development, regulated industry/services.
• Ideally, good knowledge of the RSH Regulatory Framework or an equivalent regulatory regime.
• Proven track record of working under pressure to deliver results to tight time-lines to demanding stakeholders.
A recognised risk management qualification (e.g. FIRM) or another professional qualification (solicitor, accountant, company secretary, internal audit) and at least 5 years’ post qualification experience in risk management, or equivalent job related knowledge and experience.