Housing Needs Officers
Housing Needs Officer
Salary: Circa 31,800 per annum + 5% flexible benefits
Hours: Full Time 37.5 Hours per week
Location: Barnet House
Are you passionate about helping people facing homelessness?
Can you work in a fast-paced environment?
The Housing Options Service at Barnet Homes is at the frontline of homelessness in Barnet and is currently recruiting 2 Housing Needs Officers to provide housing and homelessness advice in one of the most popular places to live in London. We are structured to meet the challenges of increasing housing demand and reduced supply and are now looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic people to join our service.
The Housing Needs Officer will have a proven track record of working within a challenging frontline housing service. Based in the Housing Needs Team they will provide focused casework to try and prevent homelessness and where not possible issue robust and complex decisions under the homeless legislation.
What we are looking for
* Excellent communicators who will give clear and concise advice to customers and landlords
* Good listeners who will be empathetic when helping customers facing challenging personal circumstances
* Team players with good attitude who can adhere to Barnet Homes core values and behaviours
* People with great case management skills who have a legal eye for detail and who can prioritise their work in a demanding environment
Currently our main offices are located at Barnet House, Whetstone N20. We will be moving to new modern offices at Colindale NW9 in May 2019.
Closing date for this job: 23.59 on Sunday 28th October 2018
From good to great The Barnet Group Business Plan
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Barnet
- Homelessness Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Barnet
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Barnet
- Revenues / benefits Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Barnet