Customer Accounts Specialist
Job Title: Customer Accounts Specialist
Job Expiry Date: Midday on 23rd October
Salary: £26,930 - £31,680 per annum pro rata
Job Location: Bromley, London
Hours: 36 hours per week
Contract Length: 6 month Fixed Term Contracts/secondments
A number of 6 months contracts available!
Based within a team of Customer Account Assistants, Customer Account Specialists and Welfare Benefit Advisors, the role will support the delivery of the Group's income management service and policies, which aim to maximise the amount of rent collected from, and minimise the financial hardship suffered by Clarion customers. Some of the what you will be doing in the role is outlined below;-
- Play an active role in Clarion's income collection / maximisation.
- Ensure Clarion's service standards are met or bettered; this includes challenging all bad practice.
- To use rapport, questioning skills and empathy to provide a customer focused service.
- Be an excellent communicator, politely & professionally deal with customer queries using the most appropriate method of communication and seek guidance where necessary.
- Deal with a diverse range of customers who may require further assistance by other teams/agencies.
- Assist or deal promptly and appropriately with complaints and enquiries.
- Be able to handle sensitive / confidential information in accordance with our Code of Conduct and the Data Protection Act.
- Undertake the collection of debts in accordance with procedures, working with other Clarion staff to collectively meet objectives.
- Ensure targets are met, and where possible bettered. This includes increasing welfare benefit entitlements / housing benefit backdates and reducing housing benefit repayments, suspensions and pending claims.
We are looking for you to have the below experience;-
- Knowledge of welfare benefits
- Knowledge of rent & service charge arrears collection and providing related legal framework advice.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to work on own initiative within policies and procedures.
- Keyboard skills and ability to use database and MS office
- Excellent Communication Skills both oral and written
- Proven experience of working in a team and developing relationships
- Successful collection of rent & other service charge related arrears with proven ability to reduce % debt
- Experience of dealing with customers in a pressurised environment and using positive negotiation skills to reach mutually acceptable outcomes
Closing Date: 23rd October at Midday
For further details on this vacancy, and to apply, please download the role profile and click the 'Apply' button below.
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
This post is subject to a Basic Criminal Record Check Clearance.
Clarion Housing Group
Clarion Housing Group comprises the country's largest housing association; a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service.
The Group's housing association, Clarion Housing, is committed to providing good customer service to all its residents and to maintaining its homes to a good standard - investing significantly in improving them each year.
Its development target is to build 50,000 new homes over 10 years and the Group will invest £13 billion on meeting and delivering on this target. Two thirds of the programme will be affordable and developed by Clarion Housing, while homes for private sale are delivered and marketed through development company Latimer by Clarion Housing Group. The proceeds from sales are invested in our social purpose.
The charitable foundation, Clarion Futures, will invest £150 million over ten years to deliver one of the largest social investment programmes in the country. Priorities are work and training; money management and young people.
Building homes. Developing futures.
Clarion Housing Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.