Director of Property Services
- Executive Leadership
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme
About Our Client
Northwards Housing is a not-for-profit ALMO (Arm's-Length Management Organisation) social landlord that manages nearly 13,000 council homes across north Manchester.
Our Vision is that "We will make a difference in north Manchester by helping to make it a place where people choose to live, learn and work. Affordable energy-efficient homes and strong community pride will make our neighbourhoods thrive".
These are our Values that sit at the heart of every action we take and every decision we make.
- Putting people first
- Supporting communities to be successful
- Spending money wisely
Working alongside the Executive Leadership Team, you'll shape, frame and create the strategic direction of the organisation and help deliver on our ambition.
The Director of Property of Services will have for the following responsibilities;
- To lead the delivery of responsive and planned repairs, asset management, design & delivery, commercial, investment and strategic asset management teams.
- To oversee and be responsible for the development and implementation of the organisation's Asset Management Strategy ensuring that Northwards assets are maintained and sustainable so that well informed decisions are taken to protect the assets and maximise the return on assets going forward.
- To be responsible for the project management of the capital investment programme using effective tools to control progress, quality and costs.
- Reviews all aspects of the delivery of Northwards responsive repairs service, planned, cyclical and day to day maintenance, gas safety, void repairs, mechanical and electrical engineering, asbestos management, legionella management, fire safety and estate services.
- To ensure compliance with health and safety legislation within the Investment, Fire Safety, CDM, Repairs, Servicing and Legal Surveying teams.
- Responsible for the management and control of Repairs & Maintenance budget of £7.15 million per annum and Strategic Investment Budget c. £20 million per annum.
- To build sustainable relationships and develop partnerships within north Manchester, the City and GM.
- To ensure that all governance obligations are met on behalf of the Board of Management including compliance with the management agreement between Northwards Housing and Manchester City Council.
- Effectively manage a diverse range of employees and disciplines to benefit all parties and enhance customer service delivery.
- Ensure that tenants and residents' voices are heard, and concerns addressed particularly around fire safety.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be driven and tenacious, a confident leader who can coach and mentor others and has strong asset management experience with the ability to understand risk and exploit opportunities.
You will come to us with excellent credentials, technical knowledge and experience. We want an individual that can demonstrate a passion for driving standards and values that reflect those of the business. With an open approach to your role, you must be able to build effective and honest relationships and you'll communicate in a way that inspires and motivates those around you.
This leadership opportunity demands a proven track record of delivery, an ability to deliver at pace, and a grounded appreciation of the importance of bringing others with you.
A challenging remit, we are looking for a talented, experienced professional who can meet the challenges head-on, inspire and lead the team in the delivery and development of our property proposition.
What's on Offer
This successful applicant will be offered a competitive salary with a fantastic benefits scheme. This is a fantastic opportunity in playing a major role in delivering property services both from a strategic and operational level for a leading North West Housing Provider.
If you are open for a confidential discussion please contact Tom Neely on 0161 829 0390 for more details.
Ref Code: MPIH13943728Z
Closing Date: 31/10/2018
Apply for Director of Property Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly