Senior Compliance Officer (Fire Safety)
4 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Riverside have an excellent opportunity for a permanent Senior Compliance Officer (Fire Safety) working 35 hours per week based at Liverpool, Leicester or Dartford. This role is eligible for flexi-time working.
Riverside is one the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 150+ local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 90,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families with the overall aim of transforming lives and revitalising neighbourhoods.
What will you do day-today?
- Monitor the delivery of the Fire Safety function including the management of relevant contracts, ensuring full compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including the implementation of an effective risk management approach to compliance within the Group
- Support the Compliance Manager in the development, implementation and review of the Compliance Management model and Fire Safety policies, procedures and guidance on behalf of the Group
- Support the Compliance manager in their role as the Group’s lead advisor for Fire Safety
- Support the Compliance Manager in the scoping, specifying, mobilisation and implementation of all relevant statutory Fire Safety compliance contracts
- Effectively monitor and report on Fire Safety compliance contracts, implementing the appropriate performance framework for each contract
- Analyse, assess and interpret Fire Safety risk assessment recommendations for high level risks across the Group
- Plan, schedule and oversee the effective and timely programme of Fire Safety inspections, repairs and risk mitigation activity on behalf of the Group
- Commission work from both internal colleagues and external contractors
- Manage stakeholders effectively confident in influencing, negotiating and providing support.Building a constructive working relationships to effectively deliver the Group’s Compliance objectives
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of relevant budgets ensuring expenditure is robustly managed in line with the Group’s financial controls
- Maintain accurate Fire Safety compliance records using appropriate systems, ensuring reports are completed
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to engage suitably experienced individuals with who have in depth knowledge of Fire Safety within Social Housing, including government and industry guidance, British standards, building regulations and the requirements of Fire Safety Order 2005 (RRO). As a Senior Compliance Officer (Fire Safety) you should be able to demonstrate that you are an excellent team player. You will have excellent stakeholder management skills with a track record of building strong working relationships. Proven track record of managing and delivering effective servicing and maintenance contracts to a large and diverse portfolio of mix tenure properties, being able to, manage contracts, budgets and have a clear understanding of risk management and compliance.
What will we offer you in return for your hard work?
- Access to ongoing development opportunities
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Flexi-time working
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Discounted healthcare, childcare vouchers through our Riverside Rewards scheme, which includes access to high street and online savings.
Riverside also offers its employees a 10% salary increase after 12 months’ service, dependent on performance.
If you’re thinking of joining us, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Application deadline: 25/10/2018
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Government and compliance Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Facilities management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Maintenance / Repair Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool