Compliance Officer (Social Housing)
We own over 5600 social housing and 1000 student properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and take our roles in our customer’s lives really seriously, putting the customer first in everything we do. We have a wide variety of customers and have ambitious targets to deliver the best service we can in an ever-changing landscape.
Location: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire (Commutable from Lincoln, Worksop, Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Sheffield and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours each week, we offer flexi-time, 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 4pm, Friday with a minimum of 30 minutes for your lunch.
Benefits: A minimum of 25 days annual leave every year, with bank holidays on top of this. An employer matched pension contribution of up to 8%. The opportunity to undertake additional company sponsored professional training.
About the role:
The Compliance Officers core role and focus is all about ensuring that the organisation, its customers and the general public are safe from the works and services undertaken and delivered by Acis. We want to be proud of the homes we give our customers and you have a key part to play in this.
- Responsible / accountable officer for the implementation, performance and management of organisational compliance across the following areas: Gas & Heating Safety (Incl. oil, solid fuel, air & ground source systems), Fire Safety
- Supporting the Compliance Manager and other asset colleagues in the delivery of best practice and compliance in the following areas: Legionella, Asbestos, Housing Health & Safety Rating System, Home Standard, Decent Home Standard, Planned works
- Providing detailed compliance reports
- Ensuring that all contractors, suppliers, engineers / operatives and partners are competent in their undertakings for and on behalf of the organisation through robust and auditable processes and procedures
- Reviewing daily certification across appropriate work streams whilst ensuring accuracy, quality, completeness and compliance
- Developing current and new systems to ensure compliance is truly focused on being pro-active and not reactive
- Undertaking site visits, as necessary, to premises across the organisation’s geographical areas to resolve issues with contractors or others affecting performance
- Undertaking and assisting with property surveys as requested outside of compliance parameters
- Supporting the Compliance Manager in ensuring that effective performance, financial and monitoring systems are in place and adhered to; to ensure the capacity to deliver services, including robust audit trails
- Supporting the Compliance Manager in the procurement of contracts with suppliers / contractors to deliver compliant and professional services
- A great standard of education, with a minimum of HNC / D in a related construction subject or equivalent experience
- A current and in date Gas Safe registration and current formal fire safety qualification with the Institute of Fire Engineers or equivalent
- An excellent knowledge of housing related health and safety compliance and excellent knowledge of Health & Safety in general
- A high level of knowledge in relation to housing association compliance services, regulation and best practice in the housing industry
- An understanding and experience of the use of compliance-based IT systems
- A working knowledge of contract management and standard forms of contract
- A track record in delivering & maintaining compliance-based services to a high standard
- A track record of developing & managing budgets in line with agreed targets
- A track record of successfully managing contractors, suppliers and partners
- The ability to analyse information & produce clear reports
You may have experience of the following: Compliance Officer, Senior Compliance Officer, Regulation, Legislation, Governance, Construction, Housing, Social Housing, Health and Safety, Gas Safe Fire Safety etc.
To Apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: 04 November 2018
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Gainsborough
- Government and compliance Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Gainsborough
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Gainsborough
- Asset management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Gainsborough
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Gainsborough