Assistant Support Worker - Fletcher Way
Hightown is a charitable housing association (operating in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshireaiming to help people who need support and care or who cannot afford to buy or rent a home at market values. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for several Assistant Support Workers to join our team at one of our adapted homes providing supported living for eight individuals with learning disabilities, some of whom also have physical disabilities, in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you`ll support service users with their day to day needs to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives. This will involve assisting individuals with:
- personal care needs
- mealtimes and social activities
- attending appointments and maintaining their health and well-being
- promoting skills and involvement including shopping and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
- support in any other areas of their daily living.
As an Assistant Support Worker, you`ll follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a highly effective service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
You`ll be a caring and enthusiastic individual with a `can-do` attitude, who is driven by the desire to make a difference and have the ability to recognise and understanding the needs of vulnerable adults with learning disabilities. Desired qualities will include:
- Effective communicator using different methods according to the complex needs of those in your care.
- Previous experience as an Assistant Support Worker is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work shifts as part of a rota system, including some weekend and bank holiday working
- Teamwork and flexibility are key to the success of the services we provide, as is a clear commitment to equality and diversity
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £16,401pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Full time, part time and casual hours available
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly sickness bonus after satisfactory completion of probationary period
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
- Access to a free gym at Head Office, Hemel Hempstead
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead