Senior Lettings Officer
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
Senior Lettings Officer
£26,663 per annum (rising to £29,281 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for high-performers with good motivational skills to join us in the new role of Senior Lettings Officer. In this challenging and high-profile role, you will be responsible for managing a regional lettings team and working to reduce void loss and average re-let times. Working on key areas of the business, your performance will be reported up to Board level and externally benchmarked.
The role of Senior Lettings Officer will include:
- Delivering a high quality lettings and allocations service for the local operation
- Monitoring and reducing void loss and average re-let times
- Day-to-day line management of a small regional lettings team, managing performance and challenging any under-performance
- Motivating the team and ensuring KPI’s are met
- Liaising with wider teams e.g. Sanctuary Maintenance to ensure properties are turned around as quickly as possible
- Challenging other areas of the business in a positive and constructive way
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience working within lettings is essential
- Some prior experience managing a team and managing performance is desirable
- Ability to be assertive, communicate effectively and influence change within the business
- Ability to understand and interpret data
- Good motivational skills
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 29 October 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury
- Corporate Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury
- Administration Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury