Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
£38,770 per annum (rising to £40,811 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us
Sanctuary Maintenance and Reinvestment provides reinvestment, repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Asset Manager to join our Maintenance and Reinvestment Team. The role will involve managing contractors; ensuring programmes and projects are delivered to contract specifications and within budget. If you are proactive, well organised and customer focused, this could be the role for you.
The role of Asset Manager will include:
- Overseeing and managing a substantial programme of reinvestment and cyclical projects across Scotland, ensuring these remain within agreed budgets and are delivered to high quality standards, in accordance with building regulations
- Managing contractors in the delivery of capital and revenue investment programmes
- Maintaining relationships with stakeholders, identifying shortfalls in service delivery and ensuring these are addressed as appropriate
- Managing the completion of stock condition surveys, fire risk assessments, property inspections and the response to large insurance claims and property legal notices
Skills and experience:
- Hold a degree, management qualification or relevant professional qualification (surveying, construction or building maintenance preferred)
- Recent experience within a similar role e.g. managing and delivering large scale reinvestment and cyclical programmes
- Experience and ability to analyse stock condition survey data to produce short and long-term investment strategies
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the delivery of SHQS and EESSH is essential
- Sound knowledge of building regulations, legislation and current practice is essential
- Robust financial awareness and good understanding of procurement legislation and cost management
- Ability to operate within a performance focused environment delivering key performance indicators
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer care skills
- Computer literate in MS Office suite, SAP and Appraisal tools
- As travel is a requirement of the role, a company car or car allowance will be supplied for this position, therefore, a full current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health and well-being plans
- Discounted products and services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 25 January 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Asset management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Maintenance / Repair Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Health and safety Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow