An exciting opportunity has come up for a Construction Inspector to provide excellent quality inspections across Peabody new build schemes both when on site and within defect period and beyond to ensure high standards are achieved across the scheme.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement.
- Proven experience of inspecting construction (residential new build and refurbishment) works.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Must be able to accurately read plans, specifications and bills of quantities and advise on performance of specific materials.
- Must be able to meet the daily travel requirements of the post and to have a full UK driving license.
- Must be able to climb onto scaffolding structures, including those of high rise buildings, and climb ladders to effectively carry out required inspections.
Preferably Member of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectors or equivalent(CIOB, RICS or CABE) or experience as Clerk of works or Construction/site manager with reputable organisation.
Minimum HNC, HND, CIOB or equivalent in construction related subject or a strong trade background
- Health and safety training, holder of CSCS card.