Welfare Benefits Advisor
Job Title: Welfare Benefits Advisor
Job Expiry Date: 25th January at midday
Salary: £25,590 - £30,110 per annum pro rata
Job Location: West Malling, Kent
Hours: 18 hours per week - Mon (full day), Tues (full day) & Wed (AM only)
Contract Type: Permanent
We are recruiting for a Welfare Benefits Advisor to provide a comprehensive welfare benefits advice and income maximisation service to customers.
About the role
The role consists of the below responsibilities;-
- To ensure income maximisation through the take up of appropriate benefits for customers
- Give advice, guidance, assistance and support to tenants with regard to income maximisation and statutory benefits and to ensure customers are not financially excluded
- Keep abreast of and disseminate information on, all national and local benefits changes, both legislative and administrative, as appropriate
- Advocate and negotiate on behalf of the Association and its customers with the relevant statutory authorities on individual cases up to and including representation at tribunals, review and appeal boards in respect of a wide range of welfare benefits
- Prepare reports and statistical analyses of caseload as required
- Initiate take-up campaigns amongst the Association's customers as required
- Develop and maintain links with statutory agencies, initiating a corporate approach to welfare benefit reform and participate in the negotiation of service level agreements where appropriate
We are looking for someone with excellent communications skills and a strong focus on priding a high level of customer service. This role also requires you to have the below experience;-
- A good working knowledge of the current law with regards to welfare benefit and reform
- Proven experience of providing Welfare Benefit advice and guidance to customers with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to assist and help individuals who may have social, health or financial difficulties
- To be able to demonstrate a methodical approach to work, with sound organisational skills, within a team environment but also an ability to work on own initiative, within deadlines and guidelines and under pressure
- To be confident and competent to lone-work on a patch and in customers' homes
Closing Date: 25th January at midday
For further details on this vacancy, and to apply, please download the role profile and click the 'Apply' button below.
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
This post is subject to a Basic Criminal Record Check Clearance.
Clarion Housing Group
Clarion Housing Group comprises the country's largest housing association; a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service.
The Group's housing association, Clarion Housing is the largest social landlord in the country with 360,000 residents.
We have ambitious plans to build 50,000 new homes over 10 years, with a commitment that two thirds of the programme will be affordable housing.
The charitable foundation, Clarion Futures, will invest £150 million over ten years to deliver one of the largest social investment programmes in the country. Priorities are work and training; money management and young people
Clarion Housing Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.