We are looking for a dedicated and efficient Junior Coach to join our team in Swindon, delivering personalised, strengths-based support for people accessing Stonewater’s Support Housing services.
Driven by our vision for everyone to have the opportunity to have a place that they can call home, we’re a leading social housing provider with a mission to deliver good quality, affordable homes to people who need them most.
We manage around 31,500 homes, serving 65,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, and shared ownership and sale, as well as specialist accommodation, and an ambitious house-building programme.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
- Encourage residents to work towards personal action plans, including delivering workshops and activities.
- Support residents to access and participate in a programme of activities.
- Support Coaches by keeping records up to date, updating diaries and logs, and providing general administrative support.
- Providing support to help residents gain independent life skills.
- Ensure that rooms due to be let are of an acceptable standard.
- To maintain a strong understanding of safeguarding in relation to adults at risk, children and young people.
The ideal candidate:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to develop and maintain good relationships with team members and residents.
- A support approach to vulnerable young people.
- An understanding of professional boundaries.
- A strong commitment to Equality and Diversity.
- A flexible approach to work
To work on a 7 day rota basis, including bank holidays, evenings and weekends.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- A retirement savings plan – up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance – 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more…
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?