Are you looking for a new exciting challenge in our Development team?
We are currently looking for a Development Assistant to join the team based in Croydon. This busy, varied role forms an integral part of the regional development team by providing administrative support to the New Project team.
What you'll be doing
Some of the key responsibilities for the role include:
- Provide administrative support in a professional and positive manner to members of the teams - including filing, typing reports, arranging and minuting meetings, arranging office supplies, maintaining up to date records of GLA/HE procedures, processing contracts and legal documents.
- Assist Development Managers in general scheme work, as required including dealing with utility bills and assisting with the completion of project documentation.
- Assist with managing the end of defects reporting process to ensure that defects are reported and dealt with in a prompt and professional manner. Work closely with other departments to ensure that new properties are handed over efficiently.
- Monitor complaints and liaise with the Development Team to resolve issues reported in the agreed timeframes. Ensure that complaints and enquiries are dealt with promptly.
- Develop and maintain management information systems and other records to assist in the management of the Development Department, e.g. checking and coding payments, contracts database, undertaking company checks etc.
- Regularly update the information to ensure it is accurate and accessible. Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems and undertake archiving when necessary.
What we're looking for
As a key member of the development team you will have experience of working in a customer focused environment and an awareness of project management within the construction industry.
You will have excellent communication skills and a track record of working as part of a team. Ideally you will have experience working within a similar role with first class administrative skills and an understanding of low cost home ownership, rented, market sales housing and commercial tenures.
In return we offer you a competitive salary and generous benefits package in a supportive environment, with plenty of scope for your career advancement and salary progression.
Closing Date: Thursday 31st January at midday
For further details on this vacancy, and to apply, please download the role profile and click the 'Apply' button below.
Clarion Housing Group
Clarion Housing Group comprises the country's largest housing association; a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service.
The Group's housing association, Clarion Housing, is committed to providing good customer service to all its residents and to maintaining its homes to a good standard - investing significantly in improving them each year.
Its development target is to build 50,000 new homes over 10 years and the Group will invest £13 billion on meeting and delivering on this target. Two thirds of the programme will be affordable and developed by Clarion Housing, while homes for private sale are delivered and marketed through development company Latimer by Clarion Housing Group. The proceeds from sales are invested in our social purpose.
The charitable foundation, Clarion Futures, will invest £150 million over ten years to deliver one of the largest social investment programmes in the country. Priorities are work and training; money management and young people.
Building homes. Developing futures.
Clarion Housing Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce