Construction Quality Manager
To take responsibility for the design, implementation and delivery of a fit for purpose quality assurance service for the Responsive Repairs and Fire Precautions teams, to both support the contract management teams and ensure a robust and auditable process is delivered.
• Extensive Technical expertise sufficient to understand complex issues in construction, repairs and maintenance.
• Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a particular strength for negotiating and consultation.
• Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
• Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
• Sound technical knowledge of buildings and fire safety
• Ability to devise, communicate, gain acceptance for and implement new ideas and technical solutions to building problems and to convey information to others by way of written reports.
• Extensive knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements for building services.
• Intermediate level IT skills
• Experience of contract management and demonstrable ability to work with contractors to deliver service improvements.
• Good understanding of Health and Safety legislation and issues affecting the delivery of construction works and a safe building environment.
• Ability to prepare and present reports and translate technical information for a non-technical audience.
• Degree in Building Surveying or relevant technical qualification
• Extensive management experience
• CIBSE membership