Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Bodicote House, Banbury – Covering Cherwell
£33,862 per annum (rising to £35,644 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday and call out rota
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repair and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
This is a great opportunity for a domestic A.C.S qualified Gas Engineer to join our expanding Gas team, part of our Internal Maintenance Service, to cover the Cherwell region. You will be part of a team who provide an effective Gas Operations service to meet contract and customer needs including servicing, maintenance, installation and commissioning.
The role of Gas Engineer will include:
- Undertaking allocated repairs, modernisation and other associated works within agreed timescales
- Responsible for the installation and commissioning of; gas central heating systems, open vented & room sealed, in addition to Unvented Hot Water Systems
- Utilising analytical and trade skills to diagnose faults and deliver effective solutions to customers
- Working within our tenants properties across the region
Skills and experience:
- It is essential that you are technically competent and will possess a City & Guilds / NVQ / QCF Level 3 qualification (or equivalent in Natural Gas) together with relevant recent experience of working in a similar position
- Knowledge of current gas regulations, together with experience of working to strict deadlines is essential
- Proven experience of analysing and diagnosing problems and implementing effective solutions
- Ability to work independently, using own initiative
- An unvented hot water, 'Part P' electrical and Oftec qualifications would also be advantageous
- A company van will be provided for business use only, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including: a pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits, at least 24 days paid holiday (plus public holidays), health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme, a variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers, tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 2 February 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent in Banbury