Assistant Housing Officer
Sanctuary Scotland manages rented and shared ownership homes across the country, including Glasgow, Cumbernauld and Dundee. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Assistant Housing Officer
Temporary position – up to 12 months
£22,097 per annum (pro rata)
37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association is one of the country’s largest social landlords. We provide around 6,500 quality affordable homes for rent and sale to those least able to compete in other sectors of the housing market.
We strive to ensure our investments provide sustainable benefits to the communities we serve. As a not-for-profit organisation any surpluses we achieve are reinvested in our homes and neighbourhoods. Our Investors in People accreditation shows Sanctuary Scotland’s commitment to being the best employer we can.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Housing Officer to join our Housing Team. You will be working within a small team, on a variety of administrative tasks to provide support and enable the delivery of a high quality housing management service. You will receive full training, on-going support and opportunities to develop. Whilst this is a very diverse and challenging role, it is equally rewarding. If you are highly motivated, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for providing excellent customer service, this could be the role for you.
The role of Assistant Housing Officer will include:
- Drafting tenancy agreement documentation and completing all paperwork associated with home visits
- Liaising with tenants; responding to enquiries and complaints
- Working with customers to resolve issues and improve services
- Preparing correspondence in relation to void properties
- Communicating with external agencies, residents and staff in regards to tenancies
- Raising purchase orders and ensuring the completion of cash sheets
Skills and experiences:
- Recent experience within a customer service environment or administrative position
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, with fast changing requirements
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workloads
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word and Excel (or similar)
- Occasional travel between schemes may be required; therefore it is preferable that candidates hold a full, current driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 1 March 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A basic Disclosure Scotland check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association Limited, a charity registered in Scotland No. SC024549, is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Dundee
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Dundee
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Dundee
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Dundee
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Dundee