Time commitment: 2-3 days per month
The Barnet Group is a local authority trading company and is wholly owned by Barnet Council. The Group consists of property management, social care, development, supported living and lettings subsidiaries. Our focus is on delivering high levels of customer service and supporting the most vulnerable, we seek to continue to grow the business with a new Chair at the helm.
The Chair will be the public face of the organisation, setting the right vision and tone in line with the Shareholder’s objectives and best practice governance. You’ll be an ambassador leading your Board and will work closely with the Group Chief Executive to offer constructive challenge to the executive team and promoting fresh thinking to deliver the best service for our customers. The Chair will lead on the interface with the Council and so it’s important that you’re comfortable with political stakeholder environments but equally with working with commercial developers who will help us to achieve our goal to build more homes.
Across the Group, there are over 500 employees, an annual turnover of £69 million and we are investing a further £200m in additional homes for the Borough. We’re ambitious and see continued growth as a goal but only by focussing on putting people first, in line with our mission to make a real difference to every customer. In order to help us achieve this you’ll need to be creative and open-minded with the ability to lead a diverse Board and you’ll bring Non-Executive experience in the Housing and possibly Care fields that will lend support to your credibility.
If you’re motivated to help us further build a Group business for the benefit of the community, please visit execroles.penna.com for application instructions.
Alternatively, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
For a confidential discussion please contact our recruiting advisers Penna: Garfield Cameron on 07885 464347, Roger Russell on 07710 701570 or Julie Towers on 07764 791 736.
Closing date: Friday 15th March 2019
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Services Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homes and Asset Management Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Executive & Senior Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in London (Central)