Health & Safety Administrator
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own. Health and safety is central to all aspects of our service, and with excellent senior level commitment, we are aiming to be the best in the sector.
We are looking for a Health & Safety Administrator to join our busy and friendly H & S Team. Reporting to the Head of Health & Safety, this role will involve:
- Assisting others in the H & S Team with efficient and effective administrative practices, and resolving administrative and other queries
- Taking telephone calls, monitoring the team email inbox and written correspondence, and dealing with, or redirecting enquiries appropriately
- Monitoring our in-house online safety management system (OSHENS), identifying and dealing with queries and escalating issues appropriately
- Administering our lone working portal, issuing devices and accessories to users, and preparing regular reports on usage statistics
- Arranging and attending meetings, booking rooms, preparing papers / packs, taking notes, and drafting and circulating accurate minutes
- Booking appointments, updating calendars and arranging travel for the team
- Developing and maintaining our systems, databases and spreadsheets
- Maintaining stationery and equipment levels, and raising purchase orders in accordance with our procedures
You will need:
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use on-line systems, complex software and moderately sophisticated spreadsheets
- The ability to produce and maintain accurate reports, presentations, spreadsheets, databases and graphs
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- The ability to work effectively with all levels of staff regardless of seniority or background
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
Up to date knowledge of H&S or social housing is an advantage but not essential. If this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to a health care cash plan and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo. The role will be based at our Head Office in Croydon, with occasional travel between sites.
Interviews will be held in Croydon in the week commencing 11th March 2019
Closing Date: 23:55 on 3rd March 2019
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.