Project Team Leader
This is an opportunity to work as part of the newly formed Asset & Investment Team to deliver outstanding performance and contribute to the delivery of the Council’s strategic objectives for its Housing portfolio. You will be working as part of the wider Housing & Regeneration Service as we introduce a new structure for our service delivery, responding to the current and future challenges faced by the housing sector.
You will play a pivotal role and as we embark on our ambition to improve the condition of our residents’ homes through an annual works programme of over £31 million to invest in our homes and estates.
To ensure we deliver our projects and desired outcomes, your role will include
- Assessing the feasibility of existing properties and carry out feasibility appraisals of proposed investment projects
- Undertaking a full range of project management duties including defining the structure, delivery strategy and overseeing projects whilst on site.
- Monitoring and managing specific project budgets and timeframes, taking appropriate remedial action when delays or cost issues arise.
- Delivering project outcomes that ensure the Council complies with all legislation in relations to its duty as a landlord and property owner.
- Supporting the Investment Manager to undertake strategic medium and long term planning to deliver the Council’s objectives
- As the team grows, supporting and managing project officers
To be successful you will need experience, qualifications and skills, including:
- Project Management qualification or significant knowledge and experience of project management within a construction or maintenance environment
- Experience in the delivery of planned and responsive maintenance services, property investment or working within the social housing sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of housing and building legislation and regulations in a repairs and maintenance context.
- Experience of line management of staff
- Able to influence, persuade, negotiate and motivate staff, stakeholders and contractors to ensure projects deliver desired outcomes
- Adept communication skills to effectively convey complex and technical information to a range of individuals
- Capable of managing and delivering multiple projects within budget and timeframe constraints
- Able to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams, contributing or leading as required
- Efficient at problem solving, mitigating risk and developing continuous improvement framework for project delivery
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing Date for applications 26 March 2019
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Asset management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Facilities management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Maintenance / Repair Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Project management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes