Senior Asset Surveyor
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Senior Asset Surveyor – Temporary position for up to 6 months
Francis Street, Hull
£33,713 per annum (pro rata)
Subject to salary and terms and conditions review due to be implemented June 2019
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Surveyor with line management responsibility experience and a successful track record working within the Housing sector. You will be part of a large, successful and committed regional team, within the Assets department, who are responsible for delivering high quality and cost effective strategies to manage the Group’s property portfolio. They advise on reinvestment programs for Stock condition surveys, Fire risk assessments, Right to Buy inspections, tenants alterations and lease surveys, ensuring that properties are maintained and retain their value.
The role of Senior Asset Surveyor will include:
- Helping to identify required asset improvements in line with business plans, ensuring that strategies and plans are developed and high quality services are delivered
- Ensuring cyclical and capital work projects are delivered in line with legislation and making appropriate recommendations
- Producing documentation such as work tenders and reports on specific maintenance issues
- Effective management of a team of surveyors to ensure works are carried out promptly
- Monitoring disrepair and environmental health cases
Skills and experiences:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Decent Homes, HHSRS, CDM, Asbestos and Fire regulations, DDA, compliance and JTC contracts
- Managing environmental health, disrepair and risk assessment based projects
- Experience of delivering and managing Mixed Tenure programmes and works – Section 20
- Working knowledge of building regulations and legislation is essential
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Excel, SAP, Visio and Assets lifecycle software is desirable
- Excellent team leadership skills and managing capital, revenue and budgets
- Travel is a requirement with this role, therefore a full and current driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service ,plus public holidays (pro rata)
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient saving through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 27 March 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract in Kingston upon Hull