Housing with Support Manager
Metropolitan Thames Valley are a leading housing association and we have an exciting opportunity to join our North London team as a Housing with Support Manager. This is overseeing a tower block with 184 flats. This is a full time role working, 37.5 hours a week. This is 5 days a week, but on a rota basis Monday to Sunday.
As the Housing with Support Manager your main responsibilities will be supporting customers to maintain their tenancies and ensure their homes are safe. You will be the single point of access for residents regarding all housing or support related queries. You will be a positive and professional representation of the organisation, to customers, visitors, contractors, other professionals and key stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities will include, but not be limited to: -
- Managing the service budget to ensure all budgeted income is received and costs are in line with the budgeted expenditure
- Monitoring and supporting the collection of rent and any rent arrears.
- Support with tenancy queries and work with the customers to avoid arears
- Being responsible for professional tenancy sign ups and terminations
- Ensuring an efficient transition and implementation of the void process to minimise the void turnaround time and subsequent void losses.
- Day to day housing management responsibilities including H&S of the building, monitoring repairs to completion.
- Creating a HUB for social inclusion
- Working with customers to ensure their income is maximised to support their wellbeing
- Dealing with low level ASB issues to avoid escalation
- Supporting the wider team by providing cover to other services as required and sharing best practice and skills to maintain a continuous level of service to the customers and achieving the teams KPIs.
Meet Your Customers
The majority of customers are aged 55 and over, requiring support to maintain a dignified level of independence in in their home in the community. They may have low level support needs, but have opted to be in housing that can offer support if required. Support may be provided by a number of third parties who you will need to maintain strong relationships with.
As you will be the senior manager on site for the service housing experience is essential as you will be the go to person. You will often be lone working and while there is a wider team to support you on a day to day basis you will be responsible for making decisions. To be considered for interview your CV must demonstrate: -
1) A good understanding of Housing Management responsibilities
2) Knowledge of tenancy agreements and estate management would be an advantage
3) The ability to take a positive approach to problem solving and be decisive in your own decisions
4) Experience of working with and supporting vulnerable customers
5) An understanding of Safeguarding
6) Fluency in Turkish an advantage
For a full job profile please call the recruitment team on 020 35354553
What`s in it for you?
In return for your commitment to Metropolitan Thames Valley we provide full training and personal development that is tailored to your personal ambitions. Metropolitan Thames Valley offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer a good Pension Scheme and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!
Metropolitan Thames Valley are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. All employment decisions at Metropolitan Thames Valley are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
It should be noted that the successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Care and support Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Supported / sheltered housing Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)