Senior Finance Officer
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services fora wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
Once our houses are built, they are let to people who cannot afford to buy or rent at full market values. The majority of our properties are offered to people on local authority housing lists to rent. We also manage homes to let at intermediate rents, for people saving for a deposit, and shared ownership homes, which help people make their first step on the housing ladder.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Finance Officer based within our Finance Team in Hemel Hempstead.
Your role as a Senior Finance Officer is responsible for managing the effective daily delivery of the Financial Operations Team dealing with Sales Ledger and Credit Control, ensuring the timely and accurate processing of Sales Ledger invoices and providing a customer focused and efficient collection service for General Needs and Care and Supported Housing non-rent receivables.
You will be managing a team of Financial Assistants who are responsible for maintaining the Sales Ledger and recovering non-rent debts owed to Hightown. The role will also provide support to the wider Financial Operations team.
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate previous credit control experience as a Senior Credit Controller or Team Leader and has working knowledge on the legal aspects of debt and external debt recovery processes.
You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting others.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £31,887 for a 35 hour a week contract plus bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- On site gym
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please complete the online application form below.
Please click below for a copy of the Senior Finance Officer job description.
Closing date: Monday 1st April 2019
Interviews: Monday 15th April 2019
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead