Tenancy Sustainment Officer - 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
Hightown Housing Association Limited is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
The Tenancy Sustainment Officer will be responsible for providing a highly professional customer focused service to Hightown`s tenants to support them to establish and sustain their tenancies.
The duties will include providing practical advice, information and support on a range of issues including tenancy sustainment, education, employment, life skills and the promotion of personal independence.
The Tenancy Sustainment Officer will be responsible for completing assessments with tenants and assisting new tenants to set up and maintain their tenancies.
You will carry out home visits to tenants and provide information and referrals on a range of issues including mental health,wellbeing, education,training and employment.
You will also work closely with relevant officers across the Association,external agencies and local authorities to ensure a robust holistic approach to teneancy management and sustainment.
For the role of Tenancy Sustainment Officer, we are looking for individuals who have a knowledge the Homeless Reduction Act and strategies to support homelessnes prevention.
You must be computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft packages and the ability to make logical decisions after evaluating available options.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £27,300pa for a 35 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Closing date: Sunday 31st March 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 9th April 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead