The Barnet Group is a local authority trading company created in February 2012. We are owned by Barnet Council.
We employ approximately 1,000 members of staff in a wide range of roles; from care workers to plumbers and carpenters. We also have many office-based roles for our ever-growing organisation. We are a London Living Wage employer, and pride ourselves on our equality, diversity and inclusion, as well as the opportunities we provide for staff growth and development.
We are the parent company to:
- Barnet Homes – this manages the borough’s 15,000 council homes on behalf of Barnet Council. It also works to prevent homelessness and allocates homes to social housing applicants
- Opendoor Homes – a subsidiary of Barnet Homes which gained Registered Provider status from the Homes and Communities Agency in 2016. Opendoor is developing an initial 320 new homes in the borough, and has ambitions to build many more. It is also purchasing homes on the open market for affordable rent.
- Bumblebee – an online estate agent providing quality bespoke property services to landlords and tenants, throughout Barnet and the surrounding areas.
- TBG Flex – a company for the recruitment and employment of new staff.
- Your Choice Barnet – an adult social care company that provides day services, respite centres, extra care schemes and care homes to adults with learning and physical disabilities, older adults and adults with additional care needs.
Our mission is to make a real difference to every customer.
We also offer services to the wider community. These include a let2barnet lettings service for private landlords, and BOOST, an employment and training support service.