Director of Finance
A social heart with a commercial outlook
We’re the largest landlord group in the North East, owning and managing more than 33,000 homes in an area spanning North Tyneside to York, with the majority of properties in the Tees Valley. We have plans to build at least 2,000 new homes over the next five years, as well as investing over £100m in improving the homes we manage. By doing this, we will make a major contribution to the regeneration of the Tees Valley to support the local economy.
We are a social purpose business that uses our commercial expertise to meet our priorities.
Thirteen people are deeply passionate about what they do and why they do it.
Due to a company reshape we are recruiting for two newly created Director of Finance roles.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the successful candidate will be an experienced finance professional and will provide direction for and oversee the delivery of finance (treasury and investment) services. This will include treasury, investment, tax, customer (rent and service charges) and balance sheet (development and investment) accounting and legal services, ensuring that such services fully comply with statutory and regulatory requirements and Thirteen’s strategic ambitions.
The right person for the role will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A relevant degree or professional qualification or equivalent demonstrable work experience and evidence of continuing professional development
- A proven track record of successful strategic leadership and direct management and development of senior professional colleagues within a finance function
- Well-developed influencing and negotiating skills with proven experience of complex loan facility arrangements in housing or a similar sector
- Well-developed business management skills and understanding of delivering an excellent customer-based service in a complex organisation with both social and commercial activities
- Ability to lead, inspire, motivate and develop colleagues at all levels with a commitment to working with others to achieve the organisation’s vision, values and priorities
- Ability to work effectively in partnership with customers, colleagues, boards and partners/stakeholders
- Ability to produce clear, concise and well-written reports on complex issues by interpreting information, carrying out research, analysing complex data, making sound judgements, appraising performance and managing risk
- A confident, independent, energetic and visible leader and effective decision maker
- A capacity to deliver results to tight deadlines and under pressure.