Head of Service – Housing (based in Southampton, covering Hampshire)
- Full time, permanent
- 40 hours per week, to be worked flexibly
- Circa £50k p/a
YMCA Fairthorne Group is a community based charity with a serious ambition to grow our already successful social enterprise model. Our mission is to champion and add value to young lives by providing experiences that challenge, enable and develop the individual. We deliver services and programmes in youth and children’s work from eleven different venues, as well as in schools and community venues across Basingstoke, Andover, Southampton, Eastleigh, Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight.
We are looking for an inspiring leader to oversee the excellent service delivery across our charitable Housing accommodation. This role directly impacts the provision of life-changing programmes to support vulnerable young people in our communities. The post holder will lead our Housing teams to ensure the young person’s experience with us, including their programme of support and accommodation offer are of the highest standards whilst ensuring the correct staff and procedures are in place to achieve this.
Accountable for the delivery of other service areas including a number of Community Development and Early Years’ settings, there are internal specialist resources available to guide and support the management of these.
Across all service areas, the accountability and responsibility for finance and quality is critical to ensure we build on our good foundations and prepare for growth.
You will demonstrate proven interpersonal skills working in a multi-stakeholder setting and experience leading and managing complex strategic and operational services. A flexible and creative mindset and an ability to engage and build sustainable partner relationships is a must.
What’s in it for you?
Joining our very successful and reputable team at a time of growth is an exciting opportunity for you to showcase your skills and innovation and enable change. Our inclusive culture is thriving and our values are at the very heart of who we are and how we work together - with and for our beneficiaries.
- Circa £50,000 p/a (dependent on experience)
- 25 days holiday per year
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Additional holiday accrual with length of service
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- YMCA Fairthorne Group
- Free membership
- Daycamp discount
- YMCA Fairthorne Group Nursery 30% discount
- Birthday Parties
Essential qualities and competencies
- Strong leadership - able to inspire others, offer clarity and drive performance development
- Sound financial understanding and complex budget management experience
- Procurement, contract management experience and negotiation skills
- Educated to Degree standard (or equivalent)
- Chartered Institute of Housing Diploma (or equivalent related qualification)
- An understanding of the political, social and economic issues facing young people
- Experience in housing / social services / residential care / special needs with young people
- Knowledge of statutory and charitable accommodation provision
- Application of best-practice Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety & Safeguarding
- Full UK Driving licence and clear enhanced DBS check
- Ability to work flexibly including evening and on-call
If this sounds like a great fit for you, find out more about us, this role and details of how to apply by visiting https://www.ymca-fg.org/category/current-vacancies/
Closes: Wednesday 28th February 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 6th March 2018
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Basingstoke
- Anti-social behaviour Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Basingstoke
- Care and support Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Basingstoke
- Digital inclusion Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Basingstoke
- Employment Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Basingstoke