Assistant Support Worker - Fletcher Way (Fixed term contract)
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 5,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £70 million and a development programme that will deliver around 300 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
Fletcher Way is a brand new service supporting individuals with physical and learning disabilities in Hemel Hempstead. We currently have a full time Assistant Support Worker position(12 month fixed term contract) at Fletcher Way, Hemel Hempstead. This is a modern, supported living property with independent flats for each resident. The flats are specially adapted to meet the needs of residents with hoists and wet rooms available for each resident.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as an Assistant Support Worker is to provide appropriate support to tenants with their day to day needs, within their supported living scheme. This may involve providing assistance with personal care, administering medication, hoisting tenants and promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning.
As an Assistant Support Worker you will follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
You do not need sector experience as we provide a structured induction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work.
In this role you will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities and (or) physical disabilities.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Annual leave allowance of 25 days per year pro rata, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
How to Apply
To apply for the position of an Assistant Support Workerplease visit http://www.hightownha.org.uk/careers/ and complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Assistant Support Worker job description.
Closing Date: Sunday 25th February 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed
Hightown Housing Association is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More jobs like this
- Fixed Term Contract £10,000 - £19,999 Assistant / coordinator Community and Customer Services jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Fixed Term Contract £10,000 - £19,999 Assistant / coordinator Care and support jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Fixed Term Contract £10,000 - £19,999 Assistant / coordinator Housing / neighbourhood management jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Fixed Term Contract £10,000 - £19,999 Assistant / coordinator Social Care jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Fixed Term Contract £10,000 - £19,999 Assistant / coordinator Supported / sheltered housing jobs in Hemel Hempstead