The Riverside Group is a housing, care and regeneration business, which owns and manages 53,000 properties and has a turnover of £370m. Riverside has a clear remit to be a commercially sustainable and efficient organisation, with social purpose at its core. Riverside is already leading the way in the sector, having raised a £250m stock market bond in 2014, achieving a Moody’s credit rating of Aa3 and creating a development programme of 1,500 homes each year – with an aspiration to build 20,000 homes over the next ten years. It has recently developed a unique and innovative front-line operational delivery model which will bring real focus to service delivery.
Riverside is seeking a strategic Executive Director of Place to join the company, and work alongside the Board and wider executive team, to develop and lead the place-making, place-shaping and regeneration agenda. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that is pushing the boundaries and ensuring place-making is at the heart of the organisation.
- With a national remit, this individual will lead a workforce of 600 employees across development, neighbourhood services and regeneration, with responsibility for approximately 70% of the turnover of the organisation.
- You will play a pivotal role as the key interface with a number of stakeholder groups, not least, local authorities, politicians, and Homes England – and will cultivate these relationships to drive exceptional customer experience for residents.
- This is a corporate leadership role that sits on the Group Executive Team, helping to shape and drive the forward strategy of the organisation.
- Proven experience in a leadership role within a complex, asset-holding organisation of national scale with a customer-centric services proposition.
- A background in the development of physical assets, or in the services that support these, with the importance of balancing commercial priorities with social purpose.
- Will possess credibility and gravitas (or the potential to develop these qualities), in order to work effectively as an ambassador for the organisation and in the building of key stakeholder relationships.
For further details, please click here, or to apply now, click the Apply button to be transferred to the online recruitment process via Odgers.
Closing date: 12pm, Thursday 8th March