Senior Housing Officer
The Environmental Health & Housing Service is seeking enthusiastic people to join our busy teams to meet the requirements of the new Homelessness Reduction Act. We are recruiting a mix of permanent and temporary posts to deliver our services. These roles will provide effective housing advice and assistance to prevent and resolve homelessness.
You will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, have an ability to work flexibly to changing demands and operate in a coordinated manner with other team members to ensure successful outcomes.
Finding the right people is critical to our future success. We are looking for people who are able to think creatively, drive change and implement new ideas. If you think you have the right skills, capability and attitude to help us on this exciting journey we want to hear from you.
These posts will:
- Be a senior housing advice and homelessness caseworker within a small team of Housing Officers
- Be a supervisor, coach and mentor for a team of Housing Officers
- Champion an area of specialism (either Rough Sleeping or Young Persons homelessness)
- Undertake homelessness reviews
Ideally you will have:
- A Higher National Diploma or first degree in housing or equivalent qualification and training
- Good experience in delivering housing advice, homelessness prevention and relief
- Experience of statutory homelessness decision making and reviews
- Strong knowledge of housing legislation
- Experience of managing teams
Closing Date: 2 March 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: 16 March 2018
For an application pack, please click the Apply button on this page to be transferred to the council's online recruitment pages, or telephone 01271 388353, quoting reference: SHO
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours, a career average salary pension scheme and an optional childcare voucher scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.