Family Mosaic has an exciting opportunity for a Surveyor to join the team based in Kent. You will be there on a full time, permanent basis, and you will be offered a competitive salary of £33,600 per annum.
As our Surveyor you should be able to demonstrate that you have the experience in providing comprehensive surveying and technical services. In addition strong literacy and numeracy skills are recommended together with professional experience of the construction industry, including design, pre and post contract services, knowledge of defect diagnosis and repair, specification writing and demonstrable experience of AutoCAD would be essential.
You would need to drive and have available transport as this post will require you to work across the area, and will work in a very direct way with our client group enabling them to achieve appropriate housing solutions that promote independence and well-being.
The Surveyor role;
Provide a professionally qualified and comprehensive surveying and technical service to clients enabling them to choose and achieve appropriate housing solutions and in line with promoting independence, wellbeing and inclusion, to include advice on energy efficiency measures, repairs and maintenance.
Responsibilities of our Surveyor;
- Inspect and survey client’s homes providing a technical assessment and advice regarding repairs and improvements.
- Prepare drawings, schedules of works or schedule of rates and specifications as required for Building Control, Planning Authorities and invitations to tender for grant approval to agreed timescales
- Manage the technical workload from initial inspection to completion, to meet performance targets set by Local Authorities, Operations Manager (internally) and any other stake holders or partners
- Hold regular case review meetings with the relevant Grants Officers and Occupational Therapists and to use contacts with these and other outside bodies to resolve technical problems including formal and informal complaints, ensuring that Family Mosaic services are well represented
The ideal Surveyor will have the below skills and experience:
- Experience of managing a caseload
- Applies knowledge/skills to solve complex problems and implement improvements to current work practice; coordinates work beyond own area of expertise
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Surveyor then please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!