Head of Asset Maintenance
Head of Asset Maintenance
Role can be based from either Oldham or London - If based in London the salary increases to £81,996 per annum
We’re now in one of the most exciting periods in the history of Guinness and have set ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our vision is very simple. We want Guinness to be an organisation that delivers amazing customer service, is a brilliant place to work, and is strong, stable and financially resilient so that we can keep building new homes. And we want Guinness to have an offer for older people that is really special, that has impact and influence where we work, and most importantly one that our customers and employees feel proud to be part of.
As the business grows we are investing in some key appointments and have created a new opportunity for a Head of Asset Maintenance. This is a key position leading a national team to deliver a high performance building surveying service to Guinness properties. You will be managing investment of around £40m per year in our 70,000 homes up and down the country.
Reporting to the Director of Asset Maintenance the successful candidate will be responsible for turning the agreed investment programme into a delivery programme to ensure we deliver against our KPIs. This will involve working closely with our delivery partners – both external and our own Guinness Property – and our teams of Planned Maintenance Surveyors who work in three operational regions.
You will be joining Guinness at a fantastic time with real opportunity to influence how we manage the delivery of our planned maintenance work. In particular we are introducing a new Asset Management System and want to make better use of the information this provides to target investment in our homes. Similarly, we are in the process of procuring framework contractors to deliver planned maintenance works and a key part of this role will be to mobilise these contracts and robustly manage them to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and VFM.
You’ll need to be technically competent as you will take the lead on developing effective solutions that represent good value across our housing stock and also have a strong awareness of fire safety as it is such an important issue for all our work in social housing.
This is an exciting time for The Guinness Partnership and you will want to be part of it.
Overview of the team
You will lead a team of 25 colleagues based across England, who commission and contract manage the planned maintenance programme. In addition there is a specialist admin team supporting delivery. Our teams are based in three regions – North, South and West which correspond to the three regions of the new planned maintenance contract framework. Each region is led by an Asset Maintenance Manager who manages a team of Asset Maintenance Surveyors.
- Provide visible leadership and management for national teams responsible for delivering high quality maintenance services, ensuring all team members are engaged and committed to achieving corporate objectives.
- Ensure that there are effective systems and opportunities in place to work with other teams and deliver cross functional projects and activities across Guinness.
- Ensure that customers receive an excellent service.
- Propose future programmes and initiatives. Prepare and manage budgets and programmes.
- Deliver regular standard and bespoke reports and updates on progress in delivering the service, on issues relating to expenditure and performance management.
- Ensure that contracts are managed and controlled effectively and decision making well documented
- Ensure relevant aspects of Guinness systems are maintained, developed and are fit for purpose, ensuring constant quality assurance activity is undertaken.
- Ensure that services are provided in a way which keeps customers, colleagues and third parties safe, and complies with relevant H&S legislation and Guinness’ health and safety policies and procedures.
- Lead on policy and procedure development, implementation and review and on innovation to achieve best value for money and collaborate with others to promote innovation throughout Guinness.
Knowledge and Experience-
- Significant senior leadership and management experience gained within asset maintenance, in housing or similar organisation(s).
- Proven experience of providing excellent customer services in a large complex housing organisation.
- Proven knowledge and experience of managing and motivating dispersed teams responsible for maintaining properties.
- Proven ability to provide accurate and clear reports and other communications in writing, face to face or by telephone.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, housing and property management systems.
- Effective management of large, complex budgets which affect multiple departments / projects.
- Knowledge of current legislation and regulation relating to building construction.
- Good level of building construction technical knowledge.
- Able to demonstrate Guinness behavioural competencies.
- Able to demonstrate Guinness Leadership and Management Standards.
- In depth understanding of the context of social housing.
- Experience of successfully managing a geographically dispersed team.
What’s on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial yea
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
- E-learning courses
For more information on this role, including how to apply, please click the apply button to go to our website.
More jobs like this
- Permanent £70,000 - £89,999 Head of services Community and Customer Services jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent £70,000 - £89,999 Head of services Tenant services jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent £70,000 - £89,999 Head of services Homes and Asset Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent £70,000 - £89,999 Head of services Asset management jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent £70,000 - £89,999 Head of services Maintenance / Repair jobs in London (Greater)