Finance Officer – Service Charge Team
£20,341 per annum (rising to £21,755 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. We provide a diverse range of services across a group structure including general rented, sheltered, supported accommodation, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. With more than 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Our strength as an organisation lies in the quality of our people and we are always looking for individuals with fresh ideas to join us - people who share our commercial mind-set and who are committed to providing excellent customer service. Our philosophy is to attract and retain quality individuals, nurture and develop them and in doing so, inspire and motivate them.
We are looking for a proactive individual with a keen eye for detail to join our Service Charge Team and provide an efficient and comprehensive finance support service. This team are responsible for the management of rent and service charges throughout the UK within our social housing businesses. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly team with the potential for career development.
The role of Finance Officer will include –
- Providing accurate and timely financial information
- Maintaining effective and efficient finance administration systems
- Supporting the Service Charge Team to ensure regulatory, internal and other standards are continuously met or exceeded.
- Supporting the reconciliation of accounts to ensure income/expenditure is appropriately accounted for and data accurately recorded
- Communicating effectively and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Resolving queries, ensuring customers are kept informed along the way
Skills and experiences –
- Recent experience working in a similar role
- Holding an AAT qualification or working towards this is desirable
- Knowledge and experience producing and analysing quality statistical information
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work loads
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required and knowledge of SAP would be highly advantageous
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 6 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.