bpha is a major housing association operating between Oxford and Cambridge, based in Bedford. We are a leading provider and developer of affordable homes - for rent, sheltered, residential care and shared ownership. We own around 18,000 homes, employ 350 people, and have an annual turnover in excess of GBP 100 million.
We are looking for a responsible and practical person to provide an efficient and responsive caretaking service for our residents, working in housing stock in and around Bedford and ensuring that a good standard of cleanliness is established and maintained.
The position is to work in our Tower blocks within Bedford.
Duties include heavy-duty cleaning in communal areas of our high and low rise blocks, carrying out general basic maintenance tasks and following our security and health and safety procedures.
Caretakers are in daily contact with residents and visitors and you will therefore need to demonstrate excellent communication skills and an understanding of our customers varied needs.
Do you enjoy working with people and take a pride in your work? If so we would like to hear from you.
For an informal discussion please contact Sharron Deniz (Tenant Services Manager) on (01234) 791150.
- Generous annual leave starting at 28 days, rising to 33 days after five years, plus an allowance for public holidays
- Free private medical insurance
- Contributory salary sacrifice pension scheme, up to a maximum of 10% of your salary
- Discretionary annual employee incentive scheme
- Free life assurance cover
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Access to a confidential employee assistance programme
- Discounted gym membership
Closing date: Midnight Friday 16 March. Interviews are planned Thursday 29 March 2018.
For more information please view the role profile on our careers page via the apply button.