Strategic Asset Manager
We are working with Waverley Borough Council to identify a Strategic Asset Manager for this newly created role. This is a fantastic opportunity to influence the strategic direction of the management and maintenance of the councils housing stock. Waverley is landlord to some 5,000 individuals and families. The council has a 30 year business plan that provides considerable financial certainty on which to deliver our ambitious improvement programme.
- To lead on the development of our asset management strategy, active asset management, gathering and analysis of intelligence, planning and programming, and ensuring compliance programmes are adequately funded.
- Leading a team responsible for writing and preparing specifications, undertaking market analysis and benchmarking of costs and performance levels, and identifying and evaluating alternative delivery options
- Deliver an annual stock condition survey programme in line with the targets set in the Asset Management Strategy
- Lead on the strategic direction of the Repairs and Maintenance Service over a rolling 5 year period, responsible for strategic investment decisions
- Through the effective use of data, set and monitor budgets for the Property Service’s streams of work programmes.
- To be responsible for developing a culture within your team and contractors of cultivating innovative solutions and services that enhances the business, value for money and which reflect the values of the organisation.
- Use performance reporting, customer insight reports, complaints, audits and other statistics to shape and drive best performance within the team.
- Manage partnerships, in particular political partnerships, ensuring that you enhance the Housing Service’s reputation without compromising our objectives
- Degree in construction/surveying or equivalent experience
- Track record of improving customer experience across a range of socially and commercially driven services
- Up to date knowledge of asset management and experience in writing specifications
- Experience of evaluating financial implications and strategic decisions
- Have the ability to mobilise resources when necessary in order to achieve corporate objectives
- Experience of developing a team and promoting a culture of performance management and continuous improvement
Application process and closing date:
Applicants should submit their CV to James@greenacre-recruitment.com by Friday 23rd March 2018.