IT Technical Support Team Leader
IT Technical Support Team Leader
£39,001 per annum (rising to £42,626 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
Managing a team of Support Technicians the IT Technical Support Team Leader will manage the day to day running of the network and server support teams. This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT support professional to join a busy and enthusiastic IT department that delivers and supports the very latest IT technologies.
The role of IT Technical Support Team Leader will include –
- Ensuring the smooth day to day running of the network and server support teams
- Dealing with any escalations in a timely and effective manner
- Monitoring the network infrastructure
- Managing team workloads
- Liaising with colleagues from across the information systems department and the wider business
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the department
- Managing the recruitment, performance management and development of team members
- Providing an outstanding service to our customers, service desk and 3rd line teams
Skills and experiences –
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in corporate desktop and network environments
- ITIL qualification is also desirable but not essential
- Proven experience of supporting the management of IT support in a large, complex environment
- Excellent general knowledge of IT systems including Server and Network environments with previous experience with troubleshooting complex technical queries
- A natural leader, with a proactive approach you will ideally have experience of managing a team
- Outstanding communication skills and a proven track record of providing excellent customer service
- Some travel will be required so a Full UK Driving licence is advantageous
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 14 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.