Home Owenership Co-ordinator
To co-ordinate and manage the Association’s Homes Ownership functions for the North Wales Housing Group.
Statement of the main areas of responsibility
- Co-ordinate and manage the Shared Ownership, Right to Acquire and Step One sales in relation to promotion and marketing of properties. Liaising with Grwp Cynefin with the affordable housing register; carrying out applicant assessments, creating sales particulars, appointment of valuers and solicitors, and liaison with internal Housing/Finance staff.
- To co-ordinate the sales of Hafan Gogarth properties and liaise with all parties in the variation of Section 106 Agreements and associated matters.
- Facilitating residential lease extensions, locating deeds and archival documents, working closely with shared owners, conveyancers, lenders, Land Registry and Finance department
- To process applications and approve suitable applicants to purchase available properties at Uxbridge Court.
- Undertake property inspections. Also co-ordinate technical officer surveys as deemed necessary, for properties which are to be returned to rent.
- Liaise with the Welsh Government and Finance Department with regard to grant claims, repurchasing of shared ownership sales, stair-casing and Step One
- Prepare for approval and maintain appropriate policy and procedures for Homes Ownership i.e. Shared Ownership, Right to Acquire, Step One/Home Buy, and appropriate related work.
- Keep abreast of current policy changes and WG Circulars with regards to Homes Ownership; attending courses and seminars as necessary.
- Co-ordinate and manage the letting of Commercial leases in respect of promotion/marketing of properties, applicant assessments, appointment of solicitors and renewal/extension of leases. Identifying repairs/problems and reporting same, requesting job tickets be raised/issued to contractors, contractor liaison.
- Arranging for Board Members re: signatures and Seal Book/legal documentation.
- Updating NWH’s website in respect of homes ownership and sales.
- Contribute to preparation of Board Reports and LSC Reports as per programme.
- Advise potential buyers of their lease obligations and Section 106 agreements
- Liaise with Development department regarding new future homes ownership initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with financial advisors, solicitors and external RSL’s.
- Carry out the above with due regard to all the Association’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Customer Services.
- Ensure that compliance with Data Protection legislation is applied at all times.
- Establish, develop and maintain an effective working relationship with all work colleagues to ensure an integrated contribution to the Association’s objectives.
- Comply with the Association’s Code of Conduct by behaving in a professional, respectful manner at all times.
Tools needed to do the job
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Good standard of education
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Demonstrate competent IT and numeracy skills
- Demonstrable energy, enthusiasm and commitment
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative but with commitment to work as part of a team
- Experience or working knowledge of tenancy agreements and leases
- Hold full, current driving license, insurance for business use and use of a vehicle
- Previous experience of working in an administrative role
- A willingness to undertake relevant training
- General knowledge of building construction for inspections
- Demonstrate working experience of the legal framework of property acquisitions and disposal (conveyancing).
- Comfortable with every day conversations/discussions specifically in relation to your job and confident to converse in Welsh when required. (This requirement is set at Level B2 in the ALTE model – Level 3 on self- assessment form)
- Working knowledge of Welsh Government’s LCHO/lease procedures
- ONC/NVQ level 3 in Estate Management/equivalent or a minimum two years’ experience
Personal attributes/behaviours which the role holder must possess to be successful in the role.
- You will want to provide the best service to your customers that you can, whilst being sensitive and consistent in your approach.
Achieving Quality Results
- You will be able to demonstrate that you do your work well and achieve the goals that you set for yourself and that are set by others. You will be committed to providing quality work and will have a desire to improve what you do.
- You will contribute to the best of your ability as part of any team. You will show commitment and respect at all times. You will consider the needs and expectations of others and will communicate as clearly and effectively as possible.