Senior Buyer - Residential Property
Senior Buyer – Residential Property
Sage is a registered provider operating across England. Sage provides a new approach to affordable housing that enhances traditional models while putting residents at the centre of our business. Sage uses institutional investment to provide quality affordable homes at scale.
Sage brings together senior executives from housing associations, the public sector, and institutional residential management who have successfully provided homes for over 100,000 families across the public and private sectors in previous ventures together.
As a registered provider, Sage is regulated by Homes England. We are committed to the highest standards for our customers and local authority partners and work with some of the most experienced Registered Providers in England to manage our homes.
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Senior Buyer/ Acquisitions professional with experience of executing residential acquisitions to source and appraise new build social housing projects across England.
Sage partners with house builders across the country to deliver social housing through Section 106 agreements and deliver new homes across all affordable tenures. We are acquiring across each of these of five regions: East Midlands, West Midlands, East of England & East Anglia, South East, Greater London, South West. We plan to deliver 20,000+ units over the next five years and become one of the UK’s major housing providers.
The role will take acquisitions from the initial approach to delivery of completed and let/sold units to Sage. The acquisitions function is supported by in-house legal and project management functions.
Broad experience of residential new build development is required for the role along with the ability to appraise complex developments, prepare and submit compliant bids to developers and housebuilders. Candidates will ideally have a background in house building or affordable housing.
Key duties include:
- Source a pipeline of acquisitions of new build affordable housing direct from housebuilders
- Develop relationships with housebuilders and developers to identify and acquire new sites
- Build a pipeline of acquisitions that helps achieve our corporate objectives
- Appraise, negotiate and submit bids on developments, taking sites through to handover of completed homes
- Produce board papers to gain approval for the acquisition of each site
- Effectively manage your pipeline of property transactions
- Provide support in respect of the preparation and execution of all project contracts and property transactions
- Broad experience of residential new build development
- Existing network of contacts within your region
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload with excellent time management skills
- Ability to use Excel essential
- Ability to work under pressure on time-sensitive projects
- High level of attention to detail
If you feel that you are suitable for this position, please upload your CV below.
Apply for Senior Buyer - Residential Property
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly