Gas Compliance Officer
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Gas Compliance Officer – Temporary position for up to 12 months
Sanctuary House, Worcester
£22,341 per annum - subject to April pay review
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
The Gas Compliance Officer will be part of our National Gas Compliance Team and will oversee the timely completion of gas servicing and maintenance works, liaising with relevant departments and contractors as appropriate. You will run various reports, manage workload and promote health and safety amongst the work place. If you enjoy being part of a fast paced environment and communicating with a variety of people, this may be the role for you.
The role of Gas Compliance Officer will include:
- Extracting data from SAP relating to upcoming gas services and liaising with contractors to ensure maintenance work is carried out promptly
- Reviewing gas certificates, ensuring these are completed accurately and correctly, and processing onto SAP for reporting
- Liaising closely with housing management teams and tenants to arrange appointments and access information relating to gas safety checks
- Producing accurate reports on a weekly and ad hoc basis to ensure services are completed promptly and overdue work and team performance is monitored
- Monitoring contractual performance, ensuring gas servicing and maintenance work is carried out in accordance with specifications and gas safety regulations
Skills and experiences:
- Recent experience within a similar role is essential e.g. Administrator, Officer or Coordinator
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Some experience of housing management software is desirable
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- A working knowledge of Gas Safety regulations would be advantageous
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from, Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance provided to all staff
- Health and wellbeing plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 19 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.